The main part of Tasmania is a very special heart shaped island 150 miles or so south of the Australian mainland. It comprises hundreds of islands spread over thousands of miles of ocean, two of them are almost half the way to Africa, but noone lives there :-). The population is around half a million people and we attract about that many visitors a year. Many visitors enjoy extended vacations, here's some information for you, purely for entertainment. If you're intending to rely on it for a thesis or something important, please verify the information from other sources. And if you have anything to add, please send us a note.
Featured lists ...
- Top 10 dates in Tasmanian history
- Tasmania has an interesting history, both before offical European settlement in 1803, and after it.
- Top 10 origins of Tasmanians
- Unlike the rest of Australia, Tasmania is a monoculture.
- Top 10 famous Tasmanians
- Tasmania has a few sons and daughters made good, but they seldom parade their origins. So, I shall do it for them.
- Top 10 Tasmanian brands
- Tasmanian enterprises which have built an awareness of Tasmania beyond its shores.
- Top 10 contributors to the Tasmanian economy
- Tasmania has a small but diverse economy. Here are the sectors which contribute most to the state.
- Top 10 population centres in Tasmania
The population of Tasmania hit the half million mark at the end of 2008. Here are the towns where most Tasmanians choose to live.
- Top 10 Tasmanian food specialities
- If it’s highly processed and preserved with chemicals it’s not on my list.
- Top 10 experiences in Tasmania
- There is natural wonder here, and no little history.
- Top 10 Tasmanian heritage icons
- Tasmanians have inherited much. These are symbols of the wealth.
- Top 10 highest mountains in Tasmania
- Not the most imposing mountains in the world, but set in a wild, unspoiled and uncrowded place.
- Top 10 islands off Tasmania
- If you want to really get away from it all, there are 334 islands off Tasmania. Here is my list of ten.
- Top 10 half-day walks in Tasmania
- Tasmania, with its huge variety of well-maintained walking tracks, is a paradise for hikers.
- Top 10 places to buy food in Hobart
- To Coles and Woolies ... a pox on both your houses.
- Top 10 places to drink coffee around Hobart
- Not necessarily the best coffee, but the best places to savour the surroundings.